Do you have a little time between events and want to know where to go in Oakville? I’ve come up with some quick and simple Q&A’s. Hopefully this will give you some ideas as you plan your free time and we hope you enjoy your stay in Oakville!
Q: Where’s the nearest Tim Hortons?
You are in luck! There’s a Tim Horton’s walking distance from the Glen Abbey
Community Centre – Green Arena. There’s also a Symposium, Pizza Pizza, McD’s and a Baskin Robbins, to name a few spots close to the venue.
Q: Where is there a place to walk around, eat an ice cream, and enjoy the views?
Head on down towards Lakeshore.
- Bronte Harbour Pier (map & attractions). There’s a great little place for gelato called Cool Licks D-Lite
- A historical walk through downtown Oakville (walker’s guide) or down Navy Street to the Old Oakville LightHouse. You can stop for ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery (map)!
- Another option is for a walk around is Kerr Street Village
Q: Where is there to shop?
- Downtown Oakville – there’s a Lululemon, Ivivva and Anthropologie to name a few stores
- Oakville Place is at Trafalgar and the QEW
Q: What about food, nightlife and entertainment?
- Oakville Entertainment Centrum (map) has loads of restaurants, including Caffe Demetre for decadent desserts, and a Cineplex Odeon
- Downtown Oakville (blog TO) – you are spoiled for choice for fine dining.
Best to make a reservation!
Q: What about parks?
- Bronte Creek Provincial Park has a children’s farm, play barn, and hiking trails
- Lions Valley Park (map)
- Kim Hughes Nash